Planning to spend your Thanks Giving holiday in Mexico? Make sure you are well-prepared for medical emergencies during your stay. Unexpected injury or illness can come unannounced so it is always better to have a plan in advance. It will not only help you minimise financial costs but also save you from emotional trauma.
If you don’t want to land up in an ill-equipped clinic or hospital in Mexico and get treated by inexperienced doctors, then here are a few factors to consider to be better prepared for medical emergencies in Mexico:
- Make sure you have all the necessary personal and medical information with you during your travel. This will assist the doctors in giving you the best possible treatment.
- It helps to have Mexican emergency phone number with you along with the number of your country’s consulate or embassy. Keep tourists assistance numbers with you as well.
- You can call 911 if you face a medical emergency in Mexico. However, be prepared to pay on arrival of an ambulance because privately owned ambulances are not free.
- If you have something minor like a flue or a dog bite, then it is recommended to see a doctor in Mexico at a small medical facility. However, seek medical assistance at a larger facility if you have fractured your arm or if you have other pressing concerns.
- Opt for private doctors and hospitals if you want the best medical assistance. Private hospitals are well-staffed and have good equipment. They also have short waiting time which means there will be no delays in getting care.
- If you are visiting a private facility for medical care, you will be asked for payment even before you register with a doctor. You will be expected to pay in full before you leave the clinic or hospital.
- If you have an insurance and you wish to seek reimbursement for your payment, then don’t forget to ask for a receipt that can be reimbursed.
Emergency Care on Existing Insurance Plan
Yes you read that right! With Lakeside Medical Group, you can avail emergency care during your stay in Mexico using your existing US insurance plan.
You don’t have to spend money on a travel insurance plan or a plan that offers evacuation coverage. Lakeside Medical Group will offer you emergency medical services or urgent care at any of the best hospitals within its network.
The group accepts more than 350 US and Canadian health plans. So if you face a medical emergency during your holiday in Mexico, you will get access to urgent and emergency hospital care throughout the country within the group’s network of hospitals, urgent care centres, clinics and labs.
Preparation is the key!
Make sure you register with Lakeside Medical Group to be well-prepared for medical emergencies during your holiday. There are no registration charges and you don’t have to spend anything extra to avail high quality healthcare in Mexico.